Contract Manufacturer of Machined Components in Western, N.Y.
Shorten the cycle time of a roughing operation, improve tool life and increase throughput.
H&C Tool Supply's representative recommended that the customer try a 1" diameter Kennametal "Harvi 2" 5-Flute End Mill with a 43 degree flute angle. The End Mill has a PVD coating of ALTIN (KC643M grade). This tool is used with coolant and is excellent for cutting steel, cast iron, stainless steels and titanium.
* REDUCED ROUGHING PROCESS FROM 45 MINUTES TO 2.6 MINUTES
* INCREASED SPINDLE SPEED FROM 1700 RPM TO 2670 RPM
* INCREASED FEED FROM 3.5 IPM TO 60 IPM
* INCREASED SFM FROM 450 TO 700
* REDUCED NUMBER OF PASSES FROM 2 TO 1
* REDUCED TOOL CHANGES/PURCHASES FROM 34 TO 17 END MIILS PER YEAR
* REDUCED SCHEDULED MACHINE TIME BY 288 HOURS PER YEAR!!